WIL Leadership Project
The WIL Leadership Framework
The WIL Leadership Framework represents a multi-layered description of the capabilities employed by WIL leaders. These WIL capabilities have been integrated into five WIL leadership domains:
- Shaping the WIL vision
- Creating and sustaining WIL relationships
- Fostering WIL engagement, expertise and student learning
- Communicating and influencing WIL
- Driving organisational and joint industry/university WIL outcomes
The Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Leadership Framework was an Office for Learning and Teaching project, Leading WIL: A distributed approach to enhance Work Integrated Learning.
The goal of the project was to develop:
- a better understanding of the characteristics of WIL and WIL leadership needs in Australia framed within a context of distributed leadership;
- strategies to build the capabilities and capacities that are needed by WIL leaders.