Service-learning (SL) at Australian universities is growing as an approach to Work-integrated Learning.
We are pleased to confirm that a Service-learning network has been established and Griffith University will host a Summit at its Gold Coast campus this November to support universities to expand SL opportunities for their students.
For further information please contact: email@example.com
Service-learning Australia Summit
an opportunity to enhance Service-learning (SL) and Community Engagement (CE) in the Australian context
- meet colleagues working in SL and CE to share practice
- discuss how SL and Work-integrated Learning practices align and/or differ
- share research on the transformative effects of SL and CE
- workshop the challenges and successful responses of SL and CE activities
- sharing results of the national desktop audit on SL in Australia
A lively dynamic two days of discussion and workshops that will build your professional skills in delivering SL and CE activities.
Abstracts or proposals invited for:
- ted-type talks
- humans of SL
- student voice
- range of workshops
- co-creating workshop agendas
- personal introspectives
Keynote Speaker: Richard Kiely
Richard will share his expertise on the transformative effects of SL
Senior Fellow in the Office of Engagement Initiatives (OEI) in Cornell University
- Co-editor of the Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning
- Co-author: Community-Based Global Learning: The Theory and Practice of Ethical Engagement at Home and Abroad (2018)