Pre-Place is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary online program designed to provide workplace intelligence to tertiary students prior to an industry placement. The program covers university policy requirements and procedures such as work health and safety; problem solving skills and professional attitudes and skills.
In three modules, Pre-Place covers work safety practices; fitness for placement; how to deal with workplace injury, violence, harassment, bullying and discrimination; organizational culture; work/life balance; how to deal with feedback; professional conduct; and withdrawal from placements.
Pre-Place prepares students in each key area by providing:
- PP-videocontextual information;
- links to resources such as relevant documents and legislation;
- tasks in the form of a multiple choice questions using a mix of video and case study scenarios;
- immediate feedback on the chosen responses; and
- a system that enables students to re-attempt any question until the passing grade is obtained and recorded in the grade book.
Pre-Place is currently available for purchase by any tertiary organisation as a flexible package enabling:
- integration with operating system requirements (Moodle or Blackboard); and
- customisation to your brand, including internal links to policies and procedures.
Accessible to students through online delivery, Pre-Place currently supports Flinders University’s diverse student population including those in regional and remote settings. Pre-Place provides students with a firm foundation for participating in a successful Work-Integrated Learning experience.