Developing enhanced understandings of cultural and linguistic diversity for equity, academic support, and careers staff.
We are conducting a project to examine the perceptions, experiences and training related to diversity amongst staff working in fields of equity, academic support and career development. The research study is looking to recruit people who meet the following criteria:
- Equity practitioners working in higher education institutions, e.g.: student support officers, outreach program managers/ officers; or
- Academic language and learning staff in higher education institutions, e.g.: learning advisors, academic language tutors; or
- Career practitioners in higher education institutions, e.g.: career development practitioners, work-integrated learning, internships, or work placements; or
- Senior managers with responsibility for teaching and learning, careers support or work-integrated learning; or
- Member of the executive or representative of a relevant peak body or professional association, e.g.: NAGCAS, CICA, AAGE, CDAA, AALL, ANZSSA, EPHEA, ACEN; and
- At least 12 months’ experience working for a university in a student-facing role.
Participants will be asked to complete the following research activities if they agree to participate:
- One interview conducted face-to-face or via online teleconferencing (e.g. Zoom) to comply with physical distancing requirements, that will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
A full description of all research activities, including any risks, harms or discomforts that you may experience while participating in this research will be provided to any interested participants upon contacting the research team.
If you have questions about the research and would like to receive further information or express interest in participating, please contact Dr Sally Baker