Date: Thursday 5th March 2020
Time: 9:15 registration. 9:30 to 12:30 followed by a networking lunch
Venue: University of Western Australia, University Hall Innovation Space, 130 Winthrop Avenue, (Corner Stirling Highway and Winthrop Avenue) (confirmed Dec 2019)
For further information about this event please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This interactive workshop is focused on introducing cooperative education as a way of responding to calls for more employable graduates by government, professional bodies, and employers. Cooperative education (co-op), a form of work integrated learning (WIL), involves students alternating terms in industry and university.
The workshop will first present the experience of academics and industry partners on the challenges and benefits of co-op in Germany and Australia. It aims to motivate and empower individuals to consider co-op in their own institutions. Activities will assist in identifying pathways, and potential challenges, in applying co-op models in the West Australian context.
This interactive workshop will include the following elements:
- Introduction to the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) study model (features of this Germany based Co-op model and its internationalisation)
- Comparison of the DHBW study model with other universities in various countries e.g. China, Thailand, South Korea, South Africa and Namibia
- Comparison of the DHBW study model with the various Australian approaches to Wil and cooperative education
- Identification of opportunities for implementing the German DHBW model in Australia in institutions of higher education
- Next steps towards a possible collaborative research project
Professor Dr Karin Reinhard
Head of Department International Business.
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Ravensburg Germany.
To ensure you receive information directly about all events, workshops, webinars etc. and you are kept up-to-date on all things WIL, please register as a member at https://acen.edu.au/join/. Registration and attendance at events is free if your university is an institutional member of ACEN.
A list of institutional members is available at https://acen.edu.au/member-institutions/