Cape Otway Lightstation, Great Ocean Road, Victoria, Australia
To improve participation of science students in WIL, the Australian Council of Deans of Science and the Chief Scientist have funded six Lighthouse projects. The Lighthouse projects are action-learning projects designed to establish visible organisation and leadership for work-integrated learning in science-based faculties and to generate peer-to-peer learning.
ACEN hosted a webinar on July 5, 2016 with three of the lighthouse leaders
- Dr Tina Botwright Acuña, University of Tasmania
- Project: Unifying WIL in Science at the University of Tasmania (PowerPoint slides as PDF)
- Dr Jo-Anne Chuck, Western Sydney University
- Project: Providing WIL across complex interconnected science degrees (PowerPoint slides as PDF)
- A/Professor Susan Rowland, University of Queensland
- Exploring alternate models for WIL in Science: Linking Work with Learning (PowerPoint slides as PDF)
The webinar was introduced by Dr Michael Whelan, ACEN Board member and Senior Lecturer Southern Cross University and Professor Liz Johnson, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning), Deakin Learning Futures and Director, ACDS TL Centre (Introductory slides).
Thanks to Queensland University of Technology for their support with the webinar.
View the Collaborate recording Skip to the 1 hour point to start the real seminar.