Honorary Life Membership
2016 Life Members
ACEN Life Members were announced at the 2016 Conference dinner.
They are (l. to r.) Prof. Jan Orell, Flinders University; Freny Tayebjee, University of Western Sydney; Carol-Joy Patrick, Griffith University.
Honorary Life membership recognises significant service and contribution to Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in Australia and or internationally in areas of practice, pedagogy or research.
Criteria to Qualify for Nomination
- Have made a significant contribution to advancing the practice, theory or status of work integrated learning
- Have a minimum 5 years’ service in the field of Work Integrated Learning
Honorary Life members
- will receive a complimentary annual membership
- will be recognized at the ACEN National Conference
- will be provided with a plaque indicating their Honorary Life Membership
The award is based on written information provided by a member of ACEN and should include:
- A letter of nomination signed by a member of ACEN who is familiar with the work of the nominee.
- Evidence of the nominees outstanding contribution to ACEN/WIL in Australia and or internationally. Examples of evidence could include publications, major projects, resource development, program development, student feedback, industry partnerships, awards, contributions to institutional state, national or international activities and any other supporting documents deemed appropriate.
- Two (2) letters of support from colleagues or associates.
Applicants may not self-nominate.
Honorary Life memberships will be awarded at the discretion of the ACEN Board.
Criteria for assessing applications will include
- Evidence of sustained contribution or innovation in WIL of at least 5 years
- Evidence of outstanding contribution to advancing national and international knowledge and practice regarding Work Integrated Learning
- Evidence of outstanding contribution to the impact of WIL activities at an institutional, state, national or international level.
Up to 3 Honorary Life memberships will be awarded annually.
All evidence must be sent as attachments to the one nominating email.
All nominations should be sent to email@example.com by July 31, 2018.