As mentioned in the December newsletter, Don MacDowall, has indicated he plans to resign and consequently ACEN is seeking to appoint a successor.
- Independent contractor opportunity
- Part-time with flexible working hours
- Work from home
About the organisation
The Australian Collaborative Education Network Limited (ACEN) is the professional association for practitioners and researchers involved in work integrated learning (WIL) in Australia. ACEN provides strategic leadership for work-integrated learning research, scholarship and practice in Australia, for its members and other stakeholders.
About the role
We are seeking an independent contractor to provide as-needed administrative support to the organisation, including providing assistance to the Chair to prepare for Board meetings, supporting activities for the benefit of the membership and overseeing day-to-day administration of ACEN.
You will work with the Board mostly via email, videoconference and phone and will have strong organisational skills, exceptional attention to detail and solid IT skills. As this is not a traditional administrative role it is important that you have previously demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision to meet deadlines.
This is a part-time role that offers flexible work hours, however you will be required to travel 2-3 times per year for face-to-face Board meetings and events. The time commitment is estimated to be about 55-60 hours per month, however ACEN is a growing organisation and this may change. The opportunity would suit someone with exceptional administrative skills who is seeking a flexible, part time arrangement where they can work from home. While you will have discretion of how, when and where you fulfil the role, it is important that you have the flexibility to be to respond to matters as they arise and this opportunity may not suit someone who can only dedicate a set time to the role.
- General administration: Membership management, document preparation including for monthly board meetings
- Financial management: monitoring accounts payable management, accounts receivable administration, coordinating monthly and annual reports
- Marketing: maintain various databases, maintain organisation website and social media pages, coordinate surveys
- Customer service: respond to website and email enquiries
About the successful candidate
You will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to work autonomously while forming good working relationships mainly through virtual channels
- Previous experience in administration
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of various software including Microsoft Office products or similar
Submit your application/proposal
See the key accountabilities and selection criteria here.
ACEN is a growing organisation and will consider proposals from independent contractors (people or organisations with ABNs) available to meet current and possible developments in both time and structure.
Proposals should include:
- Contact details
- Experience as it relates to the skills, capabilities and qualities required for the role
- Proposed monthly fee for service
Your proposal should reach ACEN on email@example.com by 5pm AEDT Friday February 7, 2020 and should not exceed 3 pages.
Enquiries, in the first instance, to firstname.lastname@example.org