ACEN 2020 Student Scholarships
Eight scholarships of $1,500 provide financial support for students undertaking a WIL placement in a regional or remote area of Australia as part of their 2020/2021 university studies.
Applications for ACEN Scholarships 2020-2021 have closed.
Criteria for applicants
- Must be from institutions that are financial members of ACEN. (See http://acen.edu.au/list-of-financial-institutions/ for a list of current financial institutions.)
- Must be studying a postgraduate or undergraduate degree program which requires a WIL placement as a part of their studies, either as a subject or a requirement of the degree.
- Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply.
The WIL placement must be:
- Undertaken and completed between 1st June 2020 and 30th May 2021.
- Must be 3 weeks or greater duration.
- Undertaken in Australia within an inner regional, outer regional, remote or very remote location which requires relocation. Regional and Remote locations ASGS Remoteness Area (2016) RA2- RA5) are noted on the map: http://doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator.
- Fulltime (4-5 days per week, for a minimum of three weeks duration).
Two-stage submission process
Stage 1: Students complete an online application form (applications close on April 30, 2020).
Stage 2: Short-listed applicants will be invited to submit a 500 word account which addresses specific criteria:
- Evidence of reflection on work-based context and skill development
- How the WIL placement will support and enhance development of employability
- Highlight the focus of personal skill development during placement
- Evidence of clear and concise communication skills.
Applicants will also be required to submit
- A copy of their most recent academic transcript.
- A written statement from an institutional representative supporting the application.
- Evidence that the WIL placement is a requirement of the degree.
Stage 1 Marking Rubric
|Levels of Attainment|
|Address personal aspirations||Not addressed or personal aspirations not addressed clearly just reiterating background information or expecting marker to make the link.||Ok, personal aspirations mentioned||Personal aspirations addressed with links to the other areas – professional skills or placement||Personal aspirations addressed with clear links to the professional skills developed and reason for rural placement – inspirational.|
|How the placement will help to develop your professional skills||Not addressed at all or very poor connection.||Ok, mention of professional skills that may be developed.||Excellent outlining certain professional skills that will be developed and how, or why it benefits them.||Clear links between the regional / rural placement and development of employability skills – showing deep level of reflection and forethought.|
|Why you have elected to undertake a regional and remote placement||No reason cited or poor, e.g. to travel.||Brief mention of reason to undertake placement, not built on or marker expected to make the connection.||Excellent outlining why they have elected to undertake placement with clear links to one of the attributes above at least.||Showing greater level of reflection, career planning with inspirational story and clear links between all assessment criteria, inspirational.|
|March 6, 2020
||Call for applications|
|April 30, 2020
||Applications close for stage 1|
|May 8, 2020
||Short-listed applicants notified and invited to provide a 500 word account that addresses specific criteria and send a supporting statement from their institution and a copy of their most recent academic transcript.|
|May 22, 2020
||Applications close for stage 2|
|June 8, 2020
||Successful applicants notified|